Premier South Bay Remodel and Custom Home Design
Orchard Home Design is one of the most trusted names in remodel and custom home design in the Bay Area. We specialize in residential home design and have completed hundreds of projects throughout the South Bay Area region. Founded in 1986, Orchard HD’s longevity is a testament to our commitment to our clients.
Since 1986 we have collaborated with hundreds of Bay Area homeowners to create tailored remodel and custom home designs that will meet their current needs, while delivering long term livability and good value.
What others are saying
- "Dan was a great help to us in remodeling our kitchen. He was extremely professional and came up with some ideas we hadn't even thought of. He was thorough, timely and quick to answer any questions. We would work with Dan and his staff again."Heather C.
- "Dan did a wonderful job working with our family on a long term remodel for our house. Easy to work with, friendly, and very well qualified. "Bill H.
- "COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS PROJECT WITHOUT Dan and Aaron... The City of San Jose building department (as usual) kept getting Codes and Setbacks all wrong on my property (being a corner lot). Both Dan and Aaron knew more about "their" codes and setbacks than they Did! Because of mistakes the CITY made (not Dan or Aaron)... I had to revise my plans 3 times but thanks to this father & son team they were able to get my drawings turned around very quickly. Interesting story about how I found Cornerstone Limited... a builder who I have known for many years and highly respect, was building a home that Dan and Aaron had designed. He was so impressed with their plans he passed the name and phone number to me... well it turned out to be the BEST referral. Thanks guys, keep up the great work... "Joe K.
- "Our house is a constant joy to us. We particularly like the fact that we use all of it very efficiently without feeling cramped. Good design and flow!"Marc
- “We wanted to remove a load bearing sheer wall to open up the space on our first floor and needed drawings. We hired Remodeling Design Professionals and they did an outstanding job. They were incredibly polite, professional and precise with their estimate of time and cost to complete the project. Their knowledge of housing codes is a real asset and was essential when it came to the impact of removing the wall, i.e. would our wood burning fireplace need to be replaced by a gas one (short answer: no) They also have a great relationship with a variety of contractors and structural engineers so communication amongst the groups during the whole process was clear, which made the overall remodeling work painless. All in all my wife and I are beyond pleased with the end product and we look forward to working with them immediately for our next project. ”Ray B.
- "My husband and I hired Dan Winklebeck to work with us in developing a new kitchen plan. What a creative person! Dan has so much insight into developing ideas from our conversation into a reality that it made the process seem so easy. And, you know it isn't! His knowledge and experience of all of the aspects of putting a new kitchen together is a real asset and so valuable when you are a novice looking at such a project; cabinetry, surface materials, plumbing, appliances, flooring needs. He was able to draw out plans as we spoke at our first meeting and then was always available to send details of the plan to contractors as we were looking for the right contracting firm to work with. A very satisfying and reassuring experience. It is great to find a reputable professional with whom to work! "Jinny D.